Kano Investment Promotion Agency (KanInvest)
On behalf of the Executive Governor of Kano State, Dr. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, the Kano State Government and the good people of Kano State, I do hereby extend an open passage to all potential foreign and domestic investors for the opportunity to invest in Kano. These are indeed very strange times, with the impact of COVID – 19 felt across the globe, swift proactive measures are necessary to keep our economies moving and flourishing, it should then come as no surprise that the People and Government of Kano State have put in place numerous incentives, policies, and an enabling business environment to welcome initiatives and investments that would expand the economic growth of the great ancient city of Kano.
I am sure I do not have to remind you that Kano State has always been and will continue to be the commercial and investment hub of Northern Nigeria, the most populous state in Nigeria with over 63% of the population between the age of 16 to 60, and the second largest non-oil and gas economy in the country. Recently, the World Bank projected Kano State to emerge a Megacity by 2025 in view of the cosmopolitan nature of Kano City and the unprecedented investment in infrastructural development by this administration. The resolve of His Excellency the Executive Governor of Kano State Dr. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje OFR (Khadimul Islam) in ensuring Kano State serves as the Prime destination for both local and foreign investors in Nigeria cannot be over emphasized and we have remain resolute in realizing our mandate of attracting and facilitating investments in Kano State with various initiated policies and strategies to expand the inflow of investment as well as creating an atmosphere for investments to thrive with ease. We have also created legal framework for Public Private Partnership (PPP) policy for the mutual benefit of investors and the state, and currently in the process of enacting a law to guide diaspora partnership through investment.
We have introduced aftercare services to investors, which entails routine and spot checks on business operations, to prevent hitches due to activities from government or its agencies or even from other parties that government intervention maybe of remedy. Kano State has indeed proven to be the CENTER OF COMMERCE and with the vast infrastructural development in the state and an enabling environment for business, investors should be rest assured of business protection and profitability. Thus, for all who are thinking of investment, should absolutely think of Kano. Kano State is the largest state with the highest population in the country estimated to have over 20 million people. These make the state be a perfect destination for Foreign Direct Investment in West Africa and Africa at large.
Profile of Hama Ali Muhammad
Hajiya Hama Ali Aware is the first female Director General of KanInvest appointed by His Excellency, Dr Abdullahi Umar Ganduje OFR based on her successes as the Special Adviser to the State Governor on Foreign Investment and Diaspora. She was also one of the few female nominees from Kano State to contest for the position of Member of the House of Representative.
Her experience has ushered in key investment activities for the economic progress and development of Kano State. She has introduced numerous beneficial reforms that are targeted at creating a new vista of collaboration and cooperation between government and business concerns as well as create atmosphere of doing business with ease in the State.
Mrs. Hama Ali Muhammad is also a talented financial, sales and marketing executive offering proven track records in project management, budget strategizing and implementation of numerous sales and marketing programs. She is a confident, multi-faceted, and articulated leader with over fifteen (15+) year experience.
Her core area of impact includes project management, product development, brand building, budget strategic planning, marketing, business development and leadership. A dedicated individual keen to provide excellent service and excel in a dynamic, high-growth business environment by promoting products, services or ideas targeted towards maximizing profits through the development of sales strategies that matches pursued requirements.
She has contributed enormously to the empowerment of young talents with various career opportunities. She also has implemented numerous projects within and across her locality and has received multiple awards in recognition of her services to humanity, including the PEACE Ambassador Award in. Her passion for serving, adding value, pursuing excellence, administering social welfare, and uplifting the status of her day-to-day duties gives her an edge. Hajiya Hama Ali Aware was born April 1979, a native of Garun-Malam village in Kano State.
- 2022:- Assistance Secretary: Trade and Economics Committee, Tinubu – Shettima Grassroots Independent Campaign Council (PCC).
- 2022:-Member: Tinubu – Shettima Women Presidential Mobilization Campaign Council.
- 2022:-Coordinator: Kano State Progressive Sisters Network (PSN).
- 2022:-Member: Logistics Committee for the APC National Convention.
- 2021:-Presented of Award of Eminent Peace Ambassador by the International Association of World Peace Advocates.
- 2021:-Presented with the Kano State Heroin Award by Pay It Forward Initiatives.
- 2021:- Presented with the Award of Excellence by APC Youth Vanguard).
- 2021:- Appointed as a committee member on the Kano AKK Gas Pipeline Project.
- 2021:- Appointed by His Excellency Dr. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje as a member on the Kano – Jigawa Professional Forum for the Annnoba Project.
- 2021:- Appointed as a member in the committee for the Implementation of Partnership between Kano State Government and Cape Gate Investment Limited for the Kano State Waste to Wealth Project.
- 2021:-Appointed as a member in the committee for the Concession of Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport.
- 2021:- Appointed as a member by His Excellency Dr. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje to the Kano State Dala Inland Dry Port Project.
- 2021:- Appointed as a member in the committee for the Concession of Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport.
- 2021:- Appointed by His Excellency Dr. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje on the Kano State Ultra-Modern Specialist Hospitals Governing Board.
- 2020:- Appointed the Director General Kano Investment Promotion Agency & Diaspora (KanInvest & Diaspora).
- 2020:- Appointed as the Kano State Focal Person for Diaspora Affairs by NiDCOM.
- 2020:- Appointed as the Focal Officer for the AUDA NEPAD Project.
- 2019:- Appointed as the Special Adviser Foreign Investment & Diaspora to the Executive Governor of Kano State.
- 2019:- Appointed as a member Kano State Government Transition Committee.
- 2018:- Served as the only Female Nominee for the Federal House of Representatives Representing Kura, Madobi, GarunMalam Constituency.
- 2018:- Served as the Lead Contact & Mobilization for the APC Presidential Campaign Committee.
- 2018:- Appointed as the Special Adviser Foreign Investment & Diaspora to the Executive Governor of Kano State.
- 2018:- Awarded by Nigeria Security Printing and Minting (NSPM).
- ❖ Best Marketing Staff Campaign Committee
- 2018:- Awarded by United Bank of Africa (UBA) with:
- ❖ Commendation for Successful Deposit Generation of above NGN10 Billion.
- ❖ Most Valuable Performance (MVP) Public Sector Group
- ❖ Most Valuable Performance (MVP) Public Sector Group
- ❖ Result Oriented Supervisory Leadership
Is the one stop shop for investors established in 2016 to attract local and foreign investments, and promote the state as the preferred investment destination in Nigeria. Its mission is to identify, promote and facilitate the exploitation of opportunities for private sector investments that will create jobs and increase the prosperity of Kano State citizens. The agency supports investors in the following ways.
How can we help You?
Kano State is Ready when you are; offering easy access for investors, Entrepreneurs, Innovators, Tech Giants and Partners within the ecosystem of investment around the world. The State is a gateway to the West African states, African markets and rich with abundant resources. Kano State offers an established, business friendly environment, with economic stability & commercial security, all of which continues to attract the very best of businesses from around the world.
The state has long been recognized as a leading commercial and business center in west Africa
with a world class regulatory and legal system of doing business.
What we Do.
Investments promotion & Facilitation, investment intelligence support, linkages, coordination with MDAs, Organised Private Sector and MSMEs Nd many more
To provide favourable investment environment for both Local and International Investors Especially in the following areas of concern below
*. To achieve growth in the industrial sector which is largely supported by a booming commercial sector and to provide a ready market for the industrial products.
*. To make viable the strategic location of the State that can help Kano develop and feel among some of the biggest markets (size and volume) in Africa with patronage from all parts of the Country and beyond.